Autumn this year, was just beautiful. I have truly enjoyed watching this month evolve into winter. So as I say goodbye to Autumn 2016. I wanted to share my favourite lentil soup. Its great for those cold winter days, and so easy peasy to make. My measurements are a little crazy, because it really doesn’t effect the general taste, if the measurement is a little up or down.
You will need :
2 handfuls of yellow or red lentils
1 handful of rice
1 Onion diced
2 teaspoons of Tomato Paste
a sprinkle of Mint
1 Chicken stock cube
1 Glug of olive oil
- On low heat, add glug of oil to a a pan , gently fry the onions
- Boil Kettle, with about a litre of water
- Add to pan, with Stock Cube
- Add Rice, lentils, tomato paste and mint
- allow to boil on medium heat for appx 40 minutes
- whizz with a handheld blender.
and thats it, its that easy, you can also add leftover chicken in it if you fancy!
let me know how you get on, Id love to hear from you 🙂